Featured

    Featured Posts

DIRECT AND INDIRECT SPEECH EXERCISE

                                                                        Reported questions  with answers - Exercise 1

Explanation: Reported questions

Finish the sentences using Reported speech. Always change the tense, although it is sometimes not necessary.
 for example:
1) Christopher: "Do you want to dance?"
Christopher asked me if I wanted to dance.

2) Betty: "When did you come?"
Betty wanted to know ………………………………………………………………………………………….

3) Mark: "Has John arrived?"
Mark asked me …………………………………………………………………………………………………...

4) Ronald: "Where does Maria park her car?"
Ronald asked me ………………………………………………………………………………………………..

5) Elisabeth: "Did you watch the latest film?"
Elisabeth asked me ……………………………………………………………………………………………..

6) Mandy: "Can I help you?"
Mandy wanted to know if …………………………………………………………………………………….

7) Andrew: "Will Mandy have lunch with Sue?"
Andrew asked me ………………………………………………………………………………………………..

8) Justin: "What are you doing?"
Justin asked me ……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

9) Frank: "How much pocket money does Lisa get?"
Frank wanted to know…………………………………………………………………………………………. .

10) Anne: "Must I do the shopping?"

Anne asked …………………………………………………………………………………………………………

ANSWERS



2) Betty:"When did you come?"
Betty wanted to know when I had come.

3) Mark:"Has John arrived?"
Mark asked me if John had arrived.

4) Ronald:"Where does Maria park her car?"
Ronald asked me where Maria parked her car.

5) Elisabeth:"Did you watch the latest film?"
Elisabeth asked me if I had watched the latest film.

6) Mandy:"Can I help you?"
Mandy wanted to know if she could help me.

7) Andrew:"Will Mandy have lunch with Sue?"
Andrew asked me if Mandy would have lunch with Sue.

8) Justin:"What are you doing?"
Justin asked me what I was doing.

9) Frank:"How much pocket money does Lisa get?"
Frank wanted to know how much pocket money Lisa got.

10) Anne:"Must I do the shopping?"
Anne asked if she had to do the shopping.
author

Author Name

Author Description!

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!

Chapisha Maoni

www.CodeNirvana.in

Inaendeshwa na Blogger.

Translate

Total Pageviews

Copyright © tunda | Designed By Code Nirvana